The frequency and sophistication of data privacy threats continue to increase. In fact, nearly half (48.8%) of C-Suite executives expect the number and size of cyber events targeting their organizations' accounting and financial data to increase in the year ahead. Enterprise organizations face an uphill battle as they work to keep security breaches at bay and maintain compliance with regulatory and residency requirements.
Fivetran introduced Business Critical in 2021 to meet the high-security demands of enterprises with strict compliance requirements. At its original launch, the plan was only available to customers on AWS platforms.
Since then, Fivetran has expanded its Business Critical product offering to support Microsoft Azure, and now, Google Cloud!
What is Fivetran Business Critical?
Fivetran Business Critical is the most reliable and secure cloud data integration platform, offering end-to-end, fully-managed and automated data movement with the highest level of security. Business Critical comes with the most robust security certifications, residency customization capabilities and PII protection, bringing speed and simplicity to highly-regulated, highly-sensitive data movement.
“We’ve already seen so much success from customers using Business Critical to ensure Fivetran meets their company's security policies. I’m so happy to be able to open this plan up to our GCP customers with our new support for Google Private Service Connect and our Google KMS integration.”
- Amy Peterson, Senior Group Product Manager, Enterprise & Databases, at Fivetran
What does Fivetran Business Critical include?
Business Critical boasts sophisticated security and compliance features to protect even the most sensitive data.
- Customer managed keys give the customer the reins — allowing them to hold the master keys to their data encryption. At any time, the customer can restrict access to their environment, without even logging into the Fivetran platform. Along with AWS KMS and Azure Key Vault, Fivetran now integrates with Google Cloud KMS.
- Private cloud connectivity avoids exposing in-flight data to the public internet. Along with AWS PrivateLink and Azure Private Link, Google Private Service Connect is supported on Fivetran Business Critical.
- Cloud region selection unlocks enhanced data residency functionality. Enterprises can deploy Fivetran across multiple cloud service providers and restrict data to specific cloud regions, to ensure their adherence with data residency requirements. Browse our latest cloud regions
- Premium security features that handle the most sensitive data. Fivetran Business Critical is PCI DSS Level 1 compliant to safely move credit card and payments data.
Business Critical also unlocks access to Local Data Processing and US-only support.
Premium security with premium features
Since Business Critical is a premium tier, it also includes all the features on our Enterprise plan — and every plan below it.
- CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, ISO and SOC2 security certifications
- VPN tunnels for advanced security
- SCIM/User provisioning
- Custom roles and access settings
- Column-level lineage and integrations with catalog tools
- 5-minute sync frequencies
- Access to enterprise database connections
- Support for multiple subsidiaries
- Priority support
We’re confident that Business Critical provides enterprise organizations the level of security and trust that’s required to meet the mounting threats of our increasingly risk-filled digital environment.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can better secure your data on GCP, check out Fivetran Business Critical or request a demo today.