Following our acquisition of HVR in October 2021, we’ve made tremendous progress towards building a single, unified platform solution to help thousands of customers trust Fivetran to manage and move their most business-critical data for their analytical or operational use cases.
Our managed service customers now enjoy a new level of enterprise capabilities with the launch of nine High-Volume Agent connectors, automated governance features for metadata sharing and controlled data access, major strides in performance and increased reliability, to name a few.
And, we’ve learned from hundreds of HVR customers — especially in the financial services, defense and healthcare industries — that keeping data processing within their own on-premises or cloud environment is absolutely essential to their security model. So today, we are thrilled to announce the continued availability of HVR technology as part of Fivetran’s automated data movement platform.
Starting March 1, 2023, users can access HVR capabilities rebranded as Fivetran Local Data Processing as well as deploy Fivetran in the cloud, on-premises and in hybrid environments.
HVR, now called Local Data Processing
Local Data Processing enables customers to take advantage of high-volume database replication while keeping data within the confines of your secure on-premises or cloud environment. Metadata and logging shared with Fivetran enables quick support from our 24/7 global support team. Local Data Processing will continue to be available to customers on our Business Critical Plan, where users can enjoy the benefits of flexible consumption-based pricing and access Fivetran’s fully-managed connectors and platform capabilities.
To continue to ensure ease of use, we will also be making major investments this year to bring Local Data Processing under a single Fivetran control plane at Fivetran.com. Customers will be able to manage all of their Fivetran cloud, HVA and Local Data Processing connectors from a single UI and take advantage of the platform features we continue to bake into Fivetran.
The path to integrating HVR under a single platform
Our single, integrated platform will provide automatic access to:
- All sources and destinations available in Fivetran (including our High-Volume Agent connectors and Lite connectors)
- Private networking and advanced security options
- Data controls with advanced RBAC, SCIM and PII detection
- Metadata integrations with top catalog providers
- Free transformations for dozens of popular applications
- Less infrastructure to manage and maintain (no HVR hub)
- Automated scaling and pipeline optimization
With Fivetran’s automated, pre-built connectors, data teams can move large volumes of data at speeds greater than 50GB/hr with minimal load on their source system. Database architects can build out secure and performant infrastructure solutions to handle large volumes of sensitive, confidential and regulated data. This means business leaders can ensure highly-trusted and accurate data is available when and where they need it and gain peace of mind that their data is protected, secure and in line with regulatory requirements.
More deployment options for database replication
As legacy enterprises seek to actualize the benefits of cloud computing, the market has responded with virtual private clouds and specially-designed cloud technology such as GovCloud that is FedRAMP certified. Complex but effective hybrid environments that bring cloud and on-premises together are introducing new efficiencies, provided they can get their data there securely.
To address these complex infrastructures, Fivetran is extending its automated data movement platform by introducing self-hosted and fully managed deployment options to ensure enterprise organizations in highly regulated industries can seamlessly integrate data.
Fivetran’s self-hosted platform will support:
- Private Deployment: Customers can self-host Fivetran in their own environment either air-gapped on-premises or in a virtual private cloud (VPC). Our new Private Deployment pricing plan is available on annual or multi-year subscription based on usage.
- Complex replication topologies: Replicate data across multiple heterogeneous systems to meet your business requirements.
Our fully managed SaaS option and Local Data Processing offers:
- AWS GovCloud: Organizations can also deploy Fivetran using AWS GovCloud to meet specific regulatory government requirements for handling data.
- High-volume agent (HVA): Enterprise data teams can leverage efficient real-time, high-volume database replication utilizing change data capture.
Whether you deploy Fivetran on-premises, in a virtual private cloud or in a secure public cloud environment, you will be able to replicate high volumes of database data in real-time with efficient log-based change data capture.
How to get started