Mighty Digital helps its transportation client drive 1.5x times more efficient acquisition ad budget usage, leading to 2x times better user activation rates and 3.5x more efficient campaign engagement performance.
- 150% increase in return on ad spend
- 2x times better user activation rates
- 350% increase in customer engagement
- Industry: Tech
- Company Size: <20
- Departments supported: Technology Partnerships, Marketing Analysts
- Sources: Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, TikTok Ads, Braze, Apple Search Ads, Salesforce, Appsflyer, PostgreSQL databases and S3
- Destination: BigQuery
- Cloud Platform: GCP
- Additional components: dbt Labs - Transformations, Looker - BI, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, TikTok Ads and Ad Reporting rollup - Fivetran Data Models
- Use cases: Advertising reporting & optimizations
Based in Ukraine, Mighty Digital is a growth, analytics and strategy consulting firm that provides data infrastructure development and data-driven growth to customers, such as Kapsch, Spin, Tripadvisor and more. They help customers overcome complex technical challenges to turn data into customer acquisition, engagement and impact. Part of their consulting is ensuring their customers use the most efficient tools available in the market to meet their needs - like Fivetran, dbt Labs, and BigQuery.
Prior to working with Mighty Digital, this transportation startup had no clear understanding of the cost-effectiveness of various ad campaigns. Their previous ETL pipeline was built using Airflow and Python transformations to get the data into a warehouse. Looker models were used as a final layer of transformations on top. Mighty Digital’s initial investigation uncovered this architecture was prone to errors, missing data points and overall inefficient. The team did not have accurate advertising results to action on, so Mighty Digital was brought in to re-imagine and re-engineer a more stable, insightful data architecture.
The existing solution was convoluted. It was multiple softwares, stitched together, to create a confusing, complex architecture that provided no insights. Its complex and inefficient data stack and ETL solution led to:
- Lack of data insight, reliability and availability
- Inefficient marketing campaigns and ad spend
- Inability to turn data into customer retention optimizations
- Decreased trust in data due to errors
With Fivetran, dbt*, and our integration - Fivetran Transformations for dbt Core - Mighty Digital helped a transportation startup unlock its advertising data to find more efficiency in their budget and increase its reporting visibility. This enabled the startup to accelerate its growth in a competitive market, while satisfying its customers with delightful advertising campaigns.
*Join the dbt Community to learn more about dbt Labs and their offerings
- Mighty Digital shifted from ETL to cloud-based ELT with Fivetran, dbt Core, BigQuery and Looker
- Fivetran data models reduced engineering time and provided best-in-class modeling, out-of-the-box
- Fivetran provided stable data pipelines that could be easily transformed and scaled with our Fivetran Transformations for dbt Core
- The client now has trustworthy, fast advertising insights centralized in one source of truth
“The overall process of implementing Fivetran and dbt together was very straightforward. Sometimes I wondered if these two technologies were created for one another. The ease with which you set up the source data integrations, connect pre-configured models for that source, and then integrate it all into a set of transformations is just outstanding. You can go from zero to hero in a matter of days or even hours instead of weeks or months.” — Vladyslav Hrytsenko, CTO and Senior Technology & Strategy Consultant, Mighty Digital
- Greater visibility into the performance of their marketing campaigns with target audiences
- Reduced data latency, enabling their clients to quickly react to behavioral changes in their customer base
- Cut engineering costs associated with building and maintaining data pipelines, while freeing them up to focus on other projects
- Customer satisfaction and successful project implementation
“Fivetran’s data models provide two primary benefits: parsed, defined and described data model as well as ease of use. The first saves a ton of time while working with the source data. You can rely on a tested and standardized open-source model and do that quickly and efficiently with Fivetran Transformations.” — Vladyslav Hrytsenko, CTO and Senior Technology & Strategy Consultant, Mighty Digital
- Cloud-based, end-to-end modern ELT solution
- Trustworthy advertising insights aggregated across all of their relevant data sources in one source of truth
- Plug-and-play solution that was both low maintenance and quickly implemented.