HubSpot is a powerful and widely used customer relationship management (CRM) platform, offering marketing, sales, and customer service solutions, among other tools. The platform provides valuable engagement and behavioral data within each of its solutions, or “hubs” — but that data can’t easily be combined, so it’s hard to generate a holistic customer view.
That kind of comprehensive view can be incredibly valuable. According to a study from Aberdeen Group and Adobe, companies that effectively map the customer journey:
- Experience a 54% greater return on marketing investment
- Decrease the length of their sales cycles by 18 times
- Reduce the cost of customer service by 10 times
And customers notice, with positive social media mentions increasing by 24% on average.
This is the untapped potential of HubSpot as a data source — a complete picture of your customers. If you’re using HubSpot now, you already have all the pieces, and the Fivetran HubSpot connector will put the puzzle together.
The connector supports multiple features within each of HubSpot’s three major hubs, centralizing your data into the destination of your choice and prepping it for analytics. That makes it easy for your data team to analyze the entire customer lifecycle — from engagement with marketing campaigns through product trials, deal stages and beyond.
Here’s a closer look at how the Fivetran HubSpot connector can multiply the value of your HubSpot data.
The HubSpot product and philosophy
HubSpot has moved away from the traditional marketing funnel model to a flywheel model, which it feels better accelerates customer growth. HubSpot believes that the key to acquiring and retaining customers is to attract, engage and delight them, which means unifying acquisition and retention strategies.
As mentioned, three key HubSpot solutions focus on marketing, sales and customer service.
- Marketing Hub: Where your marketing automation, email marketing and account-based marketing projects are built and executed
- Sales Hub: The premium version of HubSpot’s customer relationship management (CRM) solution, powered to track sales cycles and sales engagement
- Service Hub: Customer service management software including help desk automation, feedback surveys and more to scale your customer support organization
The hubs are unified by HubSpot’s free CRM, where all your customer data lives for every department to access.
Data silos limit customer insights
Above is the HubSpot platform in action. Note that all the hubs have their own view, and different types of access for different users. If you’re staying within one hub, it may be straightforward to see metrics, like time to close support tickets, through the Service Hub. But if you’re trying to join that data with other metrics, like which stage deals are in when most support tickets are closed, it’s much more difficult to do in-platform.
With all the departments siloed into their own platforms, the benefits of an all-in-one tool like HubSpot start to falter. For example, if your marketing team doesn’t track what happens to prospects after they’ve become a lead, how will they know which marketing efforts lead to higher-value customers? If your sales team doesn’t track account health with support tickets, how will they know when it’s a good time to upsell a customer?
Integrating your HubSpot data with Fivetran and a modern data stack allows you to enrich your data across different departments and gain visibility into the entire customer lifecycle.
Seeing the entire customer lifecycle
Our HubSpot connector powers holistic analysis by supporting key product areas within these three hubs, unified by the HubSpot CRM. Together, these products paint a comprehensive picture of the customer lifecycle.
A typical customer lifecycle begins in the Marketing Hub. A prospect receives an email from a marketing campaign, for example, and you track their engagement through opens and clicks. Then they sign up for a trial, and the sales team progresses them through deal stages, which you track via the Sales Hub. After the prospect becomes a customer, they put in support requests, and you use the Service Hub to track their account health through things like average ticket volume.
Analytics teams have typically pulled customer data for each stakeholder involved — email engagement goes to the marketing team, closed deals go to the sales team, and ticket volume goes to the services team. Now, instead of providing each piece of the customer lifecycle to its respective department, analytics teams can tie the data together and provide insights into customers’ complete experience with your organization.
Providing ready-to-use HubSpot data
In addition to ensuring that our HubSpot connector supports all three hubs, we designed it with the real-world application in mind, so you can use your HubSpot data intuitively. Below are a few features that make it easier to use HubSpot data:
- Timezone data is reflected in UTC (which may look different from your HubSpot UI) to make your data consistent across your other connectors. This makes it easier to join your HubSpot data with data from other applications, like Shopify or Google Analytics.
- For tables where deletes are not imported natively from the HubSpot API, such as DEAL_PIPELINE, we’re able to infer deletes by comparing new data with previous versions, ensuring data accuracy.
- Fivetran makes it easy to leverage data from your custom HubSpot Deal Stages. We created a Deal Stage table in order to track deal stage transitions. We populate the date_entered value in the _FIVETRAN_START column and set the DATE_EXITED value in the _FIVETRAN_END column. The DATE_EXITED value for a deal stage is the DATE_ENTERED value of the next deal stage in chronological order.
Our documentation features a tabular entity relationship diagram (ERD) for each hub, so customers can understand contextually how tables relate. In addition to this, our dbt package for HubSpot integrates data from the Marketing Hub and Sales Hub, so you can make post-load transformations quickly and easily. When you’re evaluating any HubSpot integration, consider which measures are put in place to ensure that your data is ready to use.
Test-drive the Fivetran HubSpot connector
Building a holistic customer lifecycle can be difficult, but HubSpot and Fivetran make the process easy. Your marketing, sales and services teams will have better visibility across the board, and your customers will be happier for it.
You can test-drive the Fivetran HubSpot connector at any time. Just sign up for our free 14-day trial, launch our HubSpot connector, and start syncing your HubSpot data.