Fivetran is a data integration tool that allows you to fully automate your data pipeline. We offer maintenance-free data connectors that continuously extract and load data from your apps, event trackers, production databases and files to the data warehouse (DWH) of your choice.
This is how Fivetran works:
- Our connectors extract data from your source, in this case, NetSuite.
- The connector applies some normalization and light cleaning.
- The connector replicates and loads the data to the data warehouse of your choice.
- Once the data is warehoused, it can be accessed, transformed and visualized using BI tools.
Introducing Fivetran analytics templates
Our goal is to democratize access to data by making every facet of data integration as easy as possible, so that you can gather the insights you need to make good decisions. To this end, we have partnered with Google and Looker and put together an example of an analytics template using Fivetran, BigQuery and Looker to help you get a head start using an important, well-known data source.
You can combine Fivetran with a wide range of data warehouses and business intelligence tools. We hope these templates will give you a solid foundation on which you can build the specific dashboards and reports that you need.
Check out our video to see how fast and easy it is to start analyzing NetSuite data using Fivetran Analytics Templates. Then follow the instructions below to get started with your own NetSuite dashboards in Looker.
NetSuite is one of the leading ERPs in the industry and is both indispensable and complicated to use. You will need to perform the following steps in order to make use of our analytics template for NetSuite:
First, set up all the pieces
- Get a Fivetran account! If you use BigQuery, the easiest way to do so is through Data Transfer Service (DTS).
- You can find the NetSuite Connector here at the Google Cloud Platform marketplace. Enroll and follow the instructions.
- Connect your Netsuite data via Fivetran. You will need to supply the following credential:
- Choose which tables to sync. At a minimum, make sure the following tables are included:
- Access the Github repo here: https://github.com/fivetran/analytics-templates
- Navigate to the Netsuite_Looker directory, then to the folder that corresponds to your data warehouse (different DWHs use different dialects of SQL). The video below uses BigQuery.
- Implement Looker source block:
- You can copy + paste the LookML code directly from the repo to Looker
- You can also download the Zip file and upload it to your Looker model.
- Once LookML has been set up in your Looker instance, convert LookML dashboards to user-defined dashboards
- Looker instructions are here
Now, start visualizing and analyzing your data!