We’re proud to share that Fivetran Director of Core Experience Alexa Maturana-Lowe was honored with the Partner Champion Award at the 2021 Databricks Partner Executive Summit. Databricks recognized Alexa for her “exceptional contributions to the Databricks ecosystem.”
“It's been really fantastic to partner with Databricks to build out an industry-leading data integration experience,” Alexa said. “I'm so excited to see how we can create experiences for our shared customers to get even more value out of our respective solutions.”
“Databricks is delighted to have Alexa win the Partner Champion,” said Pankaj Dugar, VP of Product Partnerships at Databricks. “I am excited to see our partnership with Fivetran continue to grow.”
We’re extremely happy for Alexa — and thrilled that we’ve won a Databricks award for two years running. Last year, Fivetran received the Databricks Partner Innovation Award for “excellent engineering work in support of the Lakehouse architecture and SQL analytics.” We view these awards as confirmation that the partnership between Fivetran and Databricks is vital and working.
Why do Fivetran and Databricks work so well together? It’s simple: We allow you to devote your resources to growth and innovation instead of basic data engineering.
How Fivetran and Databricks Help You Focus on Business Value
Using Fivetran and Databricks together means you don’t have to spend time and energy on data engineering for data pipelines — which is not why you went into business in the first place. Instead, you can focus on what you do best: building your business.
Take the popular pizza-delivery app Slice, which uses Fivetran and Databricks to free up data engineering time and accelerate insights. Faced with a “dumpster fire of data,” Slice built a data lake with Databricks Delta Lake and used Fivetran to bring it into Amazon Web Services S3 buckets. Now the Slice app knows what customers’ favorite shops are and which slices they’ll like, so it can make personalized recommendations.
Fivetran improves the Databricks experience for businesses like Slice by offering three important capabilities:
1. Automate data ingestion
You won’t have to worry about changing APIs and schemas — a real factor with SaaS and other cloud services. Source changes come fast and often, but with automated data ingestion, Fivetran adapts in real time.
2. Accelerate time to insight
Fivetran technology delivers reliable, ready-to-query data, including:
- Normalized tables. The data behind SaaS applications and cloud services can be hard to make sense of. Fivetran connectors automatically generate normalized schemas into Databricks and well-documented entity-relationship diagrams for data sources such as Salesforce, Oracle Eloqua, NetSuite and 150+ others.
- Historical tables. With Fivetran history mode, you can capture the Type 2 slowly changing dimensions of the source tables of your choice. Just select the configuration and set the synchronization time. Fivetran does the rest, making it easy to analyze historical data.
- Aggregated tables. Fivetran dbt packages for sources like Salesforce, Marketo, GitHub, Zendesk and more provide prebuilt, open-source transformations to deliver the important aggregates you require.
3. Easily orchestrate trusted data sets (upcoming)
In partnership with Fishtown Analytics, the maintainers of dbt, Fivetran will:
- Deliver dbt packages for the most popular SaaS applications and cloud services. You get ready-made, customizable aggregations for apps such as Salesforce, NetSuite and Marketo.
- Orchestrate dbt jobs for Databricks using the new SQL analytics offering. Your data analysts will be able to run end-to-end data pipelines for big data analytics on their Lakehouse architecture in SQL, including transformations on Databricks.
Also, Fivetran recently announced support for Databricks on Google Cloud Platform.
How Databricks Uses Fivetran to Power Marketing Analytics
To learn more about the Fivetran + Databricks combination — including how Databricks uses Fivetran to power marketing analytics — join us at Data + AI Summit 2021. Fivetran and Databricks will partner for a session called “How Databricks Leverages Lakehouse and Fivetran for Marketing Analytics.”
The Data + AI Summit session will cover:
- How to transform structured and unstructured data into dependable marketing insights
- Why an automated, unified platform for data engineering, data science and analytics is a competitive advantage
- How to democratize access to the data your team needs for analysis — no matter their coding abilities